Respawn Entertainment has announced that Apex Legends will be seeing some progression changes on December 3rd. Along with increasing the max player level cap from 100 to 500, the developer will also dole out more Apex Packs. Gun Charms will also be added into the core packs to provide even more customization for players.
To go along with the level cap increase, the overall XP required to hit level 100 has gone down by 5 percent. From level 2 to 20, one Apex Pack will be provided per level. From level 22 to 300, players will receive one pack for every two levels. At level 305 to 500, they’ll receive one pack per five levels. Any packs that should have been received with the new system will be retroactively provided to players.
A Gun Charm will be earned every 100 levels. There are 36 Gun Charms in total which will be Epic and Legendary tier. Along with appearing in Apex Packs, they’ll also be available in the rotating store. Check out some of the highlights below and the full notes here.
Player Level Progression Changes
- Player Level cap increased from 100 --gt; 500
- XP required to hit level 100 has been reduced by approximately 5% to smooth out per level XP increases
- Players can now earn 199 Apex Packs by level 500 (previously 45)
– Level 2 – 20: One pack every level
– Level 22 – 300: One pack every two levels
– Level 305 – 500: One pack every five levels
- You will continue to earn 600 Legend Tokens per level
- Apex Packs rewards will be retroactive
- Players will also earn a Player Level Gun Charm every 100 Player
- 36 new Gun Charms are going into Apex Packs at Epic and Legendary tier
- Gun charms will now appear in the Rotating Shop for players who prefer direct purchase